Your Indiana University bachelor's degree in journalism represents your hard work and our department's commitment to preparing students for careers in a dynamic field.
The undergraduate curriculum has several emphases, including journalism, sports journalism and public relations. Students learn reporting, editing and multimedia skills as well as practice these in a variety of student media. Public relations students design major campaigns for clients. Students concentrating on sports journalism have access to top professionals through programs at the National Sports Journalism Center at IUPUI. These are the kinds of experiences that position you well for the job market.
The curriculum recently has been redesigned to maximize your opportunity to publish and create the portfolio that is so necessary to successfully compete for jobs after graduation.
- Learn about the sports journalism courses.
- Read about public relations courses.
- Keep track of your progress:
- Download a checklist for the certificate in journalism.
- Download a checklist for the certificate in public relations.
- Student Consumer Information about the journalism certificate program
- Student Consumer Information about the public relations certificate program
- Download a checklist for the minor in advertising.
Those with bachelor's degrees may be interested in the master's degrees in sports journalism or public relations.